After the 2nd annual Interface Management for Capital Projects conference, Oil & Gas IQ spoke to Michael Bible, Senior Advisor, on the Ivar Aasen Project at Front Group AS.
Michael explained the importance and benefits of Interface Management programs in oil and gas projects.
1. What are the top 3 benefits of implementing an interface management program?
- Allows you to identify structured managed interfaces between independent parties
- Provides a structure to identify and manage interdependencies
- Provides a form to manage the social interactions and responsibilities between parties
2. How can you get buy-in when planning an interface management program?
- You have to demonstrate to leadership that an IM program will help simplify complexities associated with the project
- It’s easy to do if you can provide a body of evidence from previous projects
3. What was your key takeaway from the Interface Management Conference?
- It was interesting to see how different projects managed “complexity” using interface management
4. What was the focus of your presentation at the Interface Management Conference?
- Can interface management be used as part of the engineering process?
- How to use Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to manage an interface management program during the execution phase
5. Would you recommend the Interface Management Conference?
- Definitely! This is a great mechanism for experience transfer and information sharing
- You’ll get different perspectives from professionals around the globe working on different projects in oil and gas, rail, and infrastructure projects