Michael explained the importance and benefits of Interface Management programs in oil and gas projects.
1. What are the top 3 benefits of implementing an interface management program?
- Allows you to identify structured managed interfaces between independent parties
- Provides a structure to identify and manage interdependencies
- Provides a form to manage the social interactions and responsibilities between parties
2. How can you get buy-in when planning an interface management program?
- You have to demonstrate to leadership that an IM program will help simplify complexities associated with the project
- It’s easy to do if you can provide a body of evidence from previous projects
3. What was your key takeaway from the Interface Management Conference?
- It was interesting to see how different projects managed “complexity” using interface management
4. What was the focus of your presentation at the Interface Management Conference?
- Can interface management be used as part of the engineering process?
- How to use Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to manage an interface management program during the execution phase
5. Would you recommend the Interface Management Conference?
- Definitely! This is a great mechanism for experience transfer and information sharing
- You’ll get different perspectives from professionals around the globe working on different projects in oil and gas, rail, and infrastructure projects